Jan 01, 1868Calvary, Pleasant Hill Calvary, Pleasant Hill Calvary was established under Bishop Hawks in 1868. The Rev. Thompson L. Smith was its first priest. Calvary closed in 1957. Return to the diocesan timeline. Related 'Calvary, Pleasant Hill' Topics Timeline Tagged Calvary - Pleasant Hill | Founding of a church Click or tap on a topic or tag to see similar posts.