The Rev. Robert Shaw Locke was the first priest. St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in June of 1889. The church was built in 1892 on a lot that cost $25.00. It is the oldest standing church in constant use as a church in Neosho, Missouri. This congregation is a mission of The Diocese of West Missouri. The patron saint of our congregation is St. John the Apostle (also known as St. John the Beloved).