A quick summary of the key items from the 2019 Diocesan Convention business session.Gary Allman Five-minute read. Resources
With excellent timing Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral’s sound system failed immediately following the convention Eucharist. After initial attempts to carry on with business using a small portable public address system, Convention adjourned for an early lunch and proceedings recommenced in the cathedral’s Founders’ Hall.
We are pleased to report that an engineer arrived on site later in the day and was able to repair the sound system ready for the Sunday services.
Reports & Presentations
Lay Members Appointed
Clergy members Appointed
Note, all council members were elected by acclamation.
Lay Members Elected by Convention
- Ms. Mary Christiano
- Ms. Alexandra Connors
- Mr. Walter George (One-year unexpired term)
Clergy Members Elected by Convention
General Convention Deputies
Lay Deputies Elected by Convention
- Lay Deputy 1 – Ms. Amanda Perschall
- Lay Deputy 2 – Mr. Spencer Orr
- Lay Deputy 3 – Ms. Alexandra Connors
- Lay Deputy 4 – Mr. Curtis Hamilton
- Alternate 1 – Mr. Channing Horner
- Alternate 2 – Ms. Christine Morrison
- Alternate 3 – Ms. Julie Gillogly
Clergy Deputies Elected by Convention
- Clergy Deputy 1 – The Rev. Anne Meredith Kyle
- Clergy Deputy 2 – The Rev. Jonathan Frazier
- Clergy Deputy 3 – The Rev. Tim Coppinger
- Clergy Deputy 4 – The Rev. John Spicer
- Alternate 1 – The Rev. Chas Marks
- Alternate 2 – The Rev. Lawrence Ehren
- Alternate 3 – The Rev. Meg Rhodes
- 2020 Plan for Ministry – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #1 – Publication of Diocesan Convention Agenda – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #2 – Fighting Climate Change using “Paris Groves” – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #3 – Creation of Episcopal Veterans Fellowship in the Diocese of West Missouri – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #4 – Membership of the Standing Committee – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #5 – Number of Terms for the Diocesan Council – Adopted as presented.
- Resolution #6 – Coordination of Diocesan Council and Standing Committee Meetings – Adopted with amendment.
- Resolution #7 – Definition of a Parish – Referred to Diocesan Council.
- Resolution #8 Dissolution of the Congregation of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Maryville, MO – Adopted as presented. A moment of silent prayer in recognition of the contribution of St. Paul’s to the diocese was held after the vote.
- Courtesy Resolution – Adopted as presented.
Note: Copies of the resolutions as approved by the Convention will be made available in due course.
ResourcesBack to Contents
- PDF Document: Draft 2020 Plan for Ministry
- PDF Document: Plan for Ministry presentation slides
- Link: Diocesan Council Nominees
- Link: Standing Committee Nominees
- Link: General Convention Deputy Nominees
- More information:Opportunities for Serving the Church in Diocesan Leadership
- Link: Diocesan Convention Website