In response to requests for ways to share information about livestreamed services in your diocese (in addition to the lists already being compiled and posted on your diocesan websites), we have updated the worship category of the Episcopal Asset Map to include services being livestreamed.
Churches who are livestreaming services are invited to update their worship information on the map as soon as possible. Using the process below, please let us know what services you are livestreaming, whether those offerings are regular, semi-regular, or occasional services, and in what language they are offered.
What follows is a step-by-step process to add information. Remember: you do not need a login to add information.
- Visit the Episcopal Asset Map, episcopalassetmap.org and search for your pin. The simplest way I’ve found is to search city and state, though your congregation’s name may be rare enough that there are only a couple (did you know there actually is only one St. Swithin’s in The Episcopal Church?)
- Click on your pin, and when the drawer pulls out on the right side, click either the name itself or “More Details”
- On the place page, click “Update this place”
- On the left side of the page, click the Worship tab; from here, you can either add a new service or edit an existing one.
- To add a livestream notation to an existing worship service: click “Edit” on the ministry. In the language field, add “live stream”. Describe in the worship style box what the service is called and how it can be accessed (e.g., Compline is offered on our Facebook page every Wednesday night through our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/calvaryrochester; or Follow us on Instagram to get a notification when we go live for Sunday services of Morning Prayer, Rite II – @calvaryrochester). Then move to step 5.
- To create a new worship service listing: click “Add Worship Times”. In the resulting box, enter the day of the week the service occurs. If it is an occasional or semi-regular offering, select “Does not repeat weekly” and in the following box, enter what information you know (Occasional; third Sunday of each month; alternating Mondays, etc.). Enter the time of the service. In the language box, type first the spoken languages in which worship is offered. Then type “live stream”. Describe in the worship style box what the service is called and how it can be accessed (e.g., Compline is offered on our Facebook page every Wednesday night through our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/calvaryrochester; or Follow us on Instagram to get a notification when we go live for Sunday services of Morning Prayer, Rite II – @calvaryrochester). Then move to step 5.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Save and Submit”. You’ll be asked to provide your name and email address – just in case your diocesan map administrator needs to contact you about the change you submitted. We don’t share this information! Then click “Save and Submit” again.
After you’ve submitted these changes, they’ll be sent to your diocesan map administrators for review and publishing. Once they’re published, the map will be updated here: iam.ec/eamlive.
Being clear about what is being livestreamed and when will help us communicate this further and better to Episcopalians and others looking for a worshipping community.