If truth be told, it’s very easy to go through life without thinking much at all about spiritual matters, but Christianity calls us to think about who God is, and who we are. This is a religion of transformation, where every child of God can find meaning in life by discovering and playing their part in God’s purpose for the world.
We have the ability to explore, grow and deepen our spiritual formation seven days a week when we –
- Spend time in scripture to learn more about the character, qualities and presence of God.
- Build 10 minutes of intentional, calming, silence into each day – allow your mind to be drawn to who God is.
- Listen to people, hear their stories. Encourage yourself to consider how God is constantly speaking, moving, strengthening, providing, and revealed in the lives of those around us.
- Recognize and acknowledge that there are times we don’t feel even the faintest whim of longing, or desire, for God. That’s the time we can pray in all honesty, “God, help me want to know you.”
- Take a hike where you can see and experience the reminders of God’s power, provision, goodness and so much more in nature. Being in creation can draw our hearts and mind to the creator.
- Initiate being in conversation (prayer) with God.
The Spiritual Pyramid guide is a simple tool to help us be intentional about getting where we want to be in our spiritual life and in relationship to God. Use it to celebrate what you already incorporate into your life and tend the places you see room to grow! The Spiritual Pyramid defines a path of attention and intention – daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. Use it to examine where and how values and core beliefs are reflected in your everyday life. Contact Kim at email@example.com to receive a free heavyweight copy through the mail or download and print this copy for yourself.