July 20-24, is MissionPalooza @Home! As the video states, everyone is encouraged to participate as you can. Bishop Marty and Josh Trader have challenged the entire diocese to participate; challenge your friends and neighbors too. Even though we can’t be together in-person for MissionPalooza this year, the design team has been hard at work to help you bring MissionPalooza to your home. Even the smallest acts can have some of the biggest impacts on those around you.
Each day will have a different service-oriented theme. During the week, you will be asked to either make something or gather items that can be donated to local organizations throughout the diocese. Each day’s activity instructions will be sent out the night before and again the morning of so that you can be prepared. There will be several drive-through drop off locations and dates announced as we near the end of the week.
We will begin each day with a short Zoom call at 9:30 am to check-in on what you have planned and end our day with another short Zoom call at 4 pm to see how your day was. Join us as you can for either call. We will be using the WEMO Youth Community Zoom Room that is found on www.WEMOYouth.com.
Please share pictures, videos, and thoughts on social media. Feel free to tag @WEMOYouth and use the hashtags #WEMOYouth #dwmo #MissionPalooza.
- Monday’s focus is on pets, specifically pet shelters. On Sunday/Monday we will be sending out a “how-to” video for making dog treats that can be donated to local shelters. These treats can be made with typical items found in your pantry.
- Tuesday’s focus is eldercare. The activity will be to make cards of all kinds (birthday, thank you for your service, thinking of you) that can be delivered to local nursing homes and those who are homebound.
- Wednesday’s focus is pantry day. We will be collecting non-perishable items to be donated to local food pantries.
- Thursday we focus on teens. The activity this day is a clothing drive for teen shelters. We encourage you to clean out your closets, looking for gently used clothing you no longer wear. Please get permission from your guardian before deciding what to donate.
- Friday we will focus on civic engagement. You will be encouraged to write letters or emails to your local representatives about items you feel passionate about.