Eternal and ever-gracious God, you blessed your servant Thurgood Marshall with grace and courage to discern and speak the truth: Grant that, following his example, we may know you and recognize that we are all your children, brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Feast day: May 17.
This is the third in a series of four weekly videos remembering key African American figures in the Episcopal Church and beyond. A new video will be published each Thursday throughout February.
- Week One, February 4, 2021: Edward Thomas Demby
- Week Two, February 11, 2021: Absalom Jones
- Week Three, February 18, 2021: Thurgood Marshall
- Week Four, February 25, 2021: Anna Julia Haywood Cooper
Find out more about Thurgood Marshall:
- Portrait of Thurgood Marshall. United States Library of Congress’s Prints and Photographs division
Giving – Episcopal Historically Black Colleges and Universities
It is customary for offerings at services remembering Absalom Jones in February to be given to The Absalom Jones Fund for Episcopal Historically Black Colleges and Universities. As we did not meet in person to celebrate Absalom Jones, please consider making a donation via the donation button below.