Finalizing decisions for Lent? It’s not too late to creatively incorporate the resources below. If you need help in that direction, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am glad to brainstorm with you!
Online, downloadable, easily sharable and ready in a jiffy!
- Life Transformed – The Way of Love in Lent These eight videos- one for each of the Life Transformed sessions and an introduction – can be used with your congregation, as part of a small group, or for individual learning and meditation.
- 2021 Lenten Meditations from Episcopal Relief & Development. A variety of authors share personal reflections on the theme of lament relating to a variety of issues, including disease, violence, racial injustice, and poverty.
- Living Compass and Forward Movement both offer daily Lenten Reflections.
- Plan to pick up The Book of Common Prayer for Morning, Noonday, Evening Prayer, or Compline; join several churches throughout the diocese sharing this experience online or incorporate The Great Litany into daily life through Lent.
- YouTube Lenten themed videos can be useful personal or small group reflections: Watch Loving Your Neighbor, Other Faiths, NPR: Planet Money on Consumerism, or the Butterfly Circus. Ask yourself or others where is God in this video and situation? What can I learn?
- Sign up for Lent Madness 2021. Learn about ordinary people who lived in the midst of difficulties, uncertainty, and suffering (a.k.a. saints) and made extraordinary choices to put their faith into action; teaching us to do the same.
- Both An Illustrated Lent for Families: Reflections on the Heart and Where Your Heart Is: An Illustrated Devotional offer weekly devotions for all ages, as well as opportunities to doodle and engage with the content in fun and creative ways.