It’s been years since the women of West Missouri have been able to gather for a retreat, which made the recent Cultivating Resilience in a Changing World Women’s Retreat an especially wonderful day!
This is what participants had to say…
- Loved it, needed it!
- The amount of time was just right!
- Today was perfect!
- Increase the frequency, we need more of these!!!
- I have been on retreats in the past – this was the best!
- Got a chance to meet ladies from all over the area. Enjoyed sharing stories and experiences!
- The topics were relevant for women and having choices was nice!
- Great teachers and sessions!
- Things were very organized.
- Great breakout sessions and awesome lunch!
- Keep this train moving!
Cultivating Resilience in a Changing World was an engaging day for the 117 women in attendance, beginning with a hospitality buffet offered by the women of Good Shepherd and morning plenary session presented by Bishop Diane.
Midday service from the New Zealand Book of Common Prayer provided an opportunity to worship together and was either proceeded or followed by a catered taco bar lunch by Costa Vida that received rave reviews!
Participants had a choice between seven afternoon Breakout Sessions – Mental Health Awareness, Tai Chi, a Guided Self-Reflection, Conversation with God through Art, a outdoor Prayer Walk, and Sacred Space. Broad in scope, the sessions included elements of movement, creativity, quiet reflection, education, and information specifically echoing the theme of cultivating resilience.
All in all, everyone left smiling, taking with them the gift of a handmade Chakra bracelet, cross, and oil gift prepared by the Episcopal Church Women. It was a delightfully full day and one we hope to repeat!