Grace Church was established under Bishop Hawks in 1858. The Rev. J. Loop was its first priest. It was admitted to the diocese in 1859.
Trinity was established under Bishop Kemper in 1844. The Rev. Michael Fackler was its first priest. Trinity is the oldest Episcopal Church in Jackson County. Our current building was built in 1880 and its restoration has been completed for the future usage of its many ministries in years to come. Trinity has the honor of having Bess Truman as a member of the parish. She married her husband Harry at Trinity in 1919, and their daughter Margaret and her husband Clifton were married at Trinity in 1956. President Truman laid the cornerstone of our office and education building in 1959.