Grace and Holy Trinity Church was consecrated as the Cathedral of The Diocese of West Missouri on October 29, 1935.
Major News and Events listed in the diocesan timeline.
On October 7, the 5th day of the General Convention, the House of Deputies adopted a resolution supporting the split of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri. The motion was referred by the House of Bishops to the Committee on the Admission of New Dioceses, and the bishops replied with a counter resolution requesting more time. … After various resolutions were suggested and rejected, on October 15, 1889, the House of Bishops finally approved the majority resolution from the Committee on the Admission of New Dioceses, and the resolution to split the Diocese of Missouri was approved.