Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral is seeking a part-time Children and Family Ministries Coordinator responsible for weekly programming for children in preschool through fifth grade.
As the Episcopal Cathedral Church in the heart of Kansas City, we seek and serve Christ in all people, loving our neighbors as ourselves while striving for justice, peace, and respect for every human being. Our worship, prayer, and formation support the restorative strength of our community, reconciling all people to God and one another through Christ.
We are an open and inclusive community encompassing all types of people searching for Christ’s redeeming love and the challenge of leading faithful lives in a complex world. Come join our ministry team and help spread Christ’s love to all.
- Part time position, 20-25 hours per week, pension, salary range of $23-28K based on experience
- Responsible for weekly programming with children in preschool through fifth grade
- This position is a part of the Cathedral’s Christian Formation staff team
- The Children and Family Ministries Coordinator reports to the Dean
- Establish a faith community of and for children and their caregivers
- Plan and lead weekly children’s formation (Sunday School) with a willingness to adapt lessons to support a variety of cognitive abilities
- Facilitate children and family-centric events (including but not limited to Vacation Bible School/Camp, family retreats, and affinity group gatherings)
- Mentor families through the infant baptism process and preparation
- Actively coordinate with the Cathedral Youth Minister to ensure continuity in faith formation for Cathedral young people
- Be an active team player with other Cathedral staff and ministry leaders to look for opportunities to integrate Children’s formation with other Cathedral initiatives
- Prepare children for future milestones in their faith formation journeys (participation in youth ministry, Confirmation, etc.)
- Be inclusive to children with behavioral challenges
- Gather, grow, and lead a team of dedicated volunteers to assist in facilitating children’s and family programming
- Be able to project a welcoming presence to newcomers to invite them into Children’s and Family Ministries
- Regularly communicate with the Children’s and Family Ministry community (parents/guardians) via consistently scheduled emails, newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- Measure progress towards ministry goals through regular tracking and reporting
- Baptized and Confirmed Christian well-versed in the beliefs and practices of The Episcopal Church
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Self-motivated, organized professional with excellent planning skills
- Passion for raising up, educating, and nurturing the children of the Church
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing conditions (ex: transitioning formation meetings to online settings)
- Positive, creative individual experienced in working with children
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to The Very Rev. Dr. Andrew Keyse, Cathedral Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 14, 2023.
A full position description is provided below and here.Childrens-Ministry-Job-Posting-2023