We welcome any articles about events of general interest to West Missouri’s Episcopalians and general news and information about what the churches of West Missouri are doing. We are especially interested in sharing the success stories that might help our churches with their ministries.
No news story is complete without a picture, upload your pictures by clicking on the link below.
Got questions? Hate filling in online forms? You can submit your news by email, as long as you let us have all the information we need:
- author, and
- author’s one-line bio.
Oh and don’t forget the article text itself! Send it to , email@example.com. You can contact by phone at (816) 471-6161 Ext. 107.
Want help writing your article? Here are some tips and guidelines.
Want to Submit an event? Visit this page. Got a longer ‘more meaty’ feature article or opinion piece you’d like to share? Visit this page.
The nitty-gritty details
News articles are published on the New Spirit website and posted on our social media as soon as practicable after we receive them. There are no deadlines. Twice a month a News Update is produced and emailed to church communicators for them to forward on to their church members. It is also published online and on social media.
To be included in the News Update which is sent out on the Thursday of the first and third week of the month, content must be received before the first working day of the first and third week of the month. Content received after the deadline will be published online as soon as practicable and held over to the next issue to be emailed out.
We welcome all and any news relating to the activities of the Episcopal Churches in West Missouri, and the greater Church in general. There is only one caveat, and that is, that the news will be of value to more than one church. You can tell us about your events, especially share information about hosting successful events and fundraising activities. Share tips on what worked and what didn’t.
Please note. Unfortunately, except for in exceptional circumstances, we do not have the resources to write articles on your behalf.
- To advertise an event, please visit this page.
- If you have or are thinking about producing a longer piece — please do! — visit this web page.
Please note that if necessary we will edit any supplied text for style, length etc., though we do try to use a very light touch.
Images/text supplied may also appear on the New Spirit website, the diocesan website, Facebook page, and photo galleries (Flickr). Read our image release and other licensing information.
While we try our utmost to include content in a timely manner, this cannot always be guaranteed. Finally, submission is not a guarantee of inclusion – though it is very unlikely that we will not use supplied material.
- 08-11-2021. Link to the new diocesan Style Guide added. Date formats updated.
- 01-25-2021. Guidelines updated, and more links added.
- 09-04-2020. Text updated and moved to the New Spirit website.
- 09-05-2019. Text adapted for the New Spirit
- 08-02-2018. Simplified text and added submission form.
- 05-21-2018. Clarification of requirements.
- 12-01-2016. Change to publication schedule.
- 07-16-2016. Email address corrections and minor changes to the style guide text to bring it inline with the Style Guide of The Episcopal Church.