Jan 01, 1875St. Mark’s, Butler St. Mark’s, Butler Leave a Comment / By Staff / January 1, 1875 St. Mark’s was established under Bishop Robertson in 1875. The Rev. William Brittain was its first priest. St. Mark’s closed in 1930. Diocesan Timeline Related 'St. Mark’s, Butler' Topics Timeline Tagged Founding of a church Click or tap on a topic or tag to see similar posts.