Season 2 of The Episcopal Church’s podcast The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, commenced on September 17 and continues with new episodes every Tuesday through November 5. These weekly conversations, featuring Bishop Curry, podcast hosts Kyle Oliver and Sandy Milien, and a variety of guests, center on ways to live a life committed to living the way of God’s unconditional, unselfish, sacrificial and redemptive love.
Each episode of Season 2 focuses on one of the seven Way of Love Practices for a Jesus-Centered Life: turn, learn, pray, worship, bless, go, and rest, with a focus on living these practices every day. Listeners will first hear from Bishop Curry, usually in conversation with a colleague. Faith leaders from around the country will then consider questions about what faith practices might look like outside of church as well as what it may look like to follow Jesus in a diverse and increasingly secular culture.
Season 2 episodes and guests include:
September 17 – Episode 1, Introducing “the Way of Love beyond the church building:”
September 24 – Episode 2, Mutual blessing through presence & relationships:
- Guest: Mr. Greg Russinger, co-founder and board president, Laundry Love.
October 1 – Episode 3, Learning to meet people where they are:
- Guest: Ms. Jerusalem Greer, staff officer for evangelism, The Episcopal Church.
- Guest: The Rev. Dr. Patricia Lyons, author of Teaching Faith with Harry Potter
October 8 – Episode 4, Turning to hope for the world and in our lives:
- Guests: Dr. Ruth Anderson and the Rev. Greg Farrand, co-directors, Second Breath Center.
October 15 – Episode 5, Worshiping in public as witness:
- Guest: Mr. Hugo Olaiz, assistant editor, Latino/Hispanic Ministries, Forward Movement.
October 22 – Episode 6, Going into the neighborhood to listen deeply:
- Guest: The Rev. Katie Nakamura Rengers, vicar and director, The Abbey.
October 29 – Episode 7, Praying with our bodies and our creativity:
- Guest: Ms. Andrea McKellar, diocesan ministry developer, The Episcopal Church in South Carolina.
Guest: Roger Hutchison, author of The Painting Table and The Very Best Day: The Way of Love for Children
November 5 – Episode 8, Resting in and with the land:
- Guest: The Rev. Nurya Love Parish, co-founder and executive director, Plainsong Farm.
Reflection guides and related resources will be available with each episode.
If you missed Season 1, or want to go back and listen again, individual episodes, including bonus episodes are here. For the convenience of listeners and small groups, the reflection guides for each regular episode have been combined into one downloadable document available by clicking the Season 1 Combined Reflection Guide button at the top of this page.
The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, is available on most podcast apps, Visit the Way of Love podcast webpage to subscribe to the podcast through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Spotify and to sign up for notifications of new seasons and episodes as well as additional featured content.