Observance of the 20th Anniversary of September 11, 2001.
Trinity Church Wall Street invites all who are seeking solace around the 20th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to join them for A Time and Space for Healing and Remembrance, a 48-hour vigil with music at St. Paul’s Chapel, as well as worship services and other events and activities in person and online. Pray, reflect, mourn, or simply sit or share your memories with us.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 10
- Morning Prayer. 7:15 a.m.
- Holy Eucharist. 11:05 a.m.
- Evening Prayer. 4:15 p.m.
- Vigil Psalms: A Service of Prayer, Readings, & Music for Healing and Comfort. 7 p.m.
- A Time and Space for Remembrance and Healing. 8 p.m.
Saturday, September 11
- Bell of Hope: Prayers for Peace and Reconciliation. 7:40 a.m.
- Ringing of the Retreat Center Community Bell. 7:46 a.m.
- Sacred Pause: Noonday Prayer and Meditation on Scripture to Commemorate 9/11. 11 a.m.
- Calling of the Names Ceremony. 12:30 p.m.
- An Hour of Silent Meditation at the Retreat Center in Remembrance of 9/11. 5 p.m.
Sunday, September 12
- Requiem Holy Eucharist. 10:15 a.m.
- Compline by Candlelight: Anthems for Peace and Hope. 7 p.m.