On Sunday, February 6, 2022, a service celebrating Absalom Jones was held at St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church, Kansas City.
Following a video message from the Very Rev. Kim L. Coleman, President of the Union of Black Episcopalians, the service began with the St. Augustine’s liturgical dancers, Bishop Bruce was the celebrant. Following a rousing sermon from Bishop Bruce, which received a standing ovation, a video message from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry for the people of St. Augustine’s and The Diocese of West Missouri was shared. The service concluded with the Holy Eucharist celebrated by Bishop Bruce.
You can watch the service by clicking on the image above. Click on the buttons below to watch the service on Facebook or YouTube.
- Bishop Bruce’s sermon, the Rt. Rev. Dian M. Jardine Bruce – https://youtu.be/sCpdZ2ITXXA?t=2436
- Union of Black Episcopalians, The Very Rev. Kim L. Coleman – https://youtu.be/sCpdZ2ITXXA?t=493
- Liturgical Dance, St. Augustine’s Liturgical Dancers – https://youtu.be/sCpdZ2ITXXA?t=1044
- Presiding Bishop’s Message, the Most Rev. Michael B. Curry – https://youtu.be/sCpdZ2ITXXA?t=3888
You can find a copy of the Book of Common Prayer online, here.
You can download a pdf version of the bulletin from here.
ResourcesBack to Contents
- 02-08-2022. Links to specific segments added.