Timeline of The Diocese of West Missouri

General Convention of The Episcopal Church approves the splitting of the Diocese of Missouri

On October 7, the 5th day of the General Convention, the House of Deputies adopted a resolution supporting the split of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri. The motion was referred by the House of Bishops to the Committee on the Admission of New Dioceses, and the bishops replied with a counter resolution requesting more time. … After various resolutions were suggested and rejected, on October 15, 1889, the House of Bishops finally approved the majority resolution from the Committee on the Admission of New Dioceses, and the resolution to split the Diocese of Missouri was approved.

General Convention of The Episcopal Church approves the splitting of the Diocese of Missouri Read More »

St. John’s, Neosho

The Rev. Robert Shaw Locke was the first priest. St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in June of 1889. The church was built in 1892 on a lot that cost $25.00. It is the oldest standing church in constant use as a church in Neosho, Missouri.

St. John’s, Neosho Read More »

Scroll to Top